Carved Golf Balls
Getting ready for an upcoming carving class that #2 and I will be attending, I was looking around for carving info on the web. I wandered onto the forums at Woodcarving Illustrated where I found a golf ball carving tutorial by Gene Messer.
After some more searching around the net, I ended up on YouTube where I found that Gene has recorded lots of video tutorials, including a series on carving and painting a golf ball.
Here are links to the golf ball series to make it easier to find:
- Carving A Face On A Golf Ball Part 1
- Carving A Face On A Golf Ball Part 2
- Carving A Face On A Golf Ball Part 3
- Painting The Carved Golf Ball Part 1
- Painting The Carved Golf Ball Part 2
- Painting The Carved Golf Ball Part 3
The ball on the right is the one I carved after reading the tutorial. It was painted after I’d found Gene’s videos. After thinking about it and watching some of Gene’s Santa carving videos, I came up with the Santa face on the left.
Friday November 21, 2008 · Permalink